Hiking Lower Bell Canyon in Utah During a Pandemic
Going on hour long walks through neighborhoods is a great way to spend some downtime when you are in need of some exercise and sunshine after spending all of your time in your home. However, there is only so much to explore in your neighborhood.
If you are anything like me, you need some pine trees, fresh air, running water, and mountainous views to really feel rested. With the nice weather finally here, my boyfriend and I headed out to the trails to get just that. And normally, hiking is always a good idea....unless there is a global pandemic and a lot of people also decide to go hiking. The trail was packed and we constantly had to step to the side so people could pass and we tried to stay 6ft a part as best as we could. Honestly, going hiking in a popular area is probably not the best idea...but we were able to make it work.
We found some spots to sit and enjoy the amazing views without people near. Listening to the water roll over the rocks downstream of a waterfall, the wind swaying the pine trees, the sun shining on the branches and birds chirping with a snowy mountain backdrop was amazing.
Utah really is a beautiful place and I can't wait to be able to explore more of the canyons and landscapes that this state has to offer. We might have to wait for snow to melt and conditions with the virus to slow down first, but this little taste of nature was exactly what I needed and I know how lucky I am to be able to go on hikes as many people can't.
Here are some of my top favorite photos from my hike around the Lower Bell Canyon Reservoir.
If you are anything like me, you need some pine trees, fresh air, running water, and mountainous views to really feel rested. With the nice weather finally here, my boyfriend and I headed out to the trails to get just that. And normally, hiking is always a good idea....unless there is a global pandemic and a lot of people also decide to go hiking. The trail was packed and we constantly had to step to the side so people could pass and we tried to stay 6ft a part as best as we could. Honestly, going hiking in a popular area is probably not the best idea...but we were able to make it work.
We found some spots to sit and enjoy the amazing views without people near. Listening to the water roll over the rocks downstream of a waterfall, the wind swaying the pine trees, the sun shining on the branches and birds chirping with a snowy mountain backdrop was amazing.
Utah really is a beautiful place and I can't wait to be able to explore more of the canyons and landscapes that this state has to offer. We might have to wait for snow to melt and conditions with the virus to slow down first, but this little taste of nature was exactly what I needed and I know how lucky I am to be able to go on hikes as many people can't.
Here are some of my top favorite photos from my hike around the Lower Bell Canyon Reservoir.




Comments
Post a Comment