This world has endless amounts of beauty and wonder and I have only been to 12 countries, and 11 US states so far. I have adored everywhere I have been but out of all of them I have only a few that I absolutely loved and would like to return to one day. These places make the top of the list because of their natural beauty, history, culture, architecture, and so much more. I am going to start from number 6 and working up to my number one favorite place.
Number 6 - China
China is a unique country with so much history, stunning architecture, a beautiful culture, and delicious food. While touring China I was able to see the busy cities which were beautiful and I was able to see the beautiful of the rural parts too. The cities had the best food, super nice people, and historical buildings so old I could hardly fathom how old they were. I feel like there is so much history it is hard to see all of it. The rural parts were stunning in another way. They had mountains, fields of flowers, fields of crops, all which allowed me to see an authentic part of China. I would love a chance to get to know the small towns of China more.
Number 5 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
The city of Amsterdam itself has beautiful architecture with stunning colorful buildings and a canal that runs throughout the city. There are trees everywhere, a flower garden along the canals, lots of history, and more than 881,000 bikes in Amsterdam (everyone bikes and it is almost hard to not almost get run over by a bike). Now, the outskirts of Amsterdam is absolutely breathtaking. There are lots of colorful fields, farms and cottages. I went on a biking tour around the outside of Amsterdam and could hardly believe the sights I saw. This is all why I put Amsterdam on my list of top places.
Number 4 - Cinque Terre, Italy
It's no secret that Italy is a wonderful country with lots of history, wine, pizza, and filled with a million places to visit. However, I really loved travelling by train into the small secluded town of Cinque Terre. The houses and building were all unique and wildly colorful. The towns are placed between mountains and the Mediterranean sea giving it perfect views. I didn't get to spend a lot of time here but I think the towns of Cinque Terre deserve a spot on the list. If you don't believe me, then check out the photos below.
Number 3 - Cannes, France
Ah, yes, Cannes, France. Cannes is known for the famous Cannes Film Festival where all the stars go and walk the red carpet. It is a town of the rich as it is pretty expensive to live there. It is located in the south of France along the Mediterranean sea and just a short train ride to Nice, France which is also a pretty town! However, Cannes has a special flair about it that I love. After spending a day exploring the town and all it has to offer I decided I needed some alone time with this town. One mourning I got up before sunrise and walked down to the water by myself. I watched the sun rise along the sea, watching locals begin to set up shops, and watched the skies come to life. It felt like home and it felt so peaceful. Strangers would say hello as I walked around and I got smiles from the locals (they must have been morning people). I would love to go back and get to know this town just a little bit more.
Number 2 - Rome, Italy
I told you that Italy is wonderful country and Rome makes that country all the better. Rome has so much history and crazy stunning architecture that it is hard not to fall in love with this city. Everything you hear about Rome, the people, the gelato, and the fountains are all true. At night the city comes to life as people go out to the bars, watch street performers, and make wishes at the busy Trevi Fountain. I found myself falling in love with Rome every minute I was there. The only thing about Rome is that it gets super hot in the summer and our shoes would start melting on the pavement if we stood in one place for too long. I would love a chance to visit this city when it is a little cooler outside.
Number 1 - Lucerne Switzerland (Engleberg)
We have finally reached my number one favorite place in the world that I have been thus far. I was able to stay in the town of Engleberg, Switzerland. This was a smaller town next to a river and breathtaking mountains all a short train ride away from Lucerne. Mount Titlis was right next to our hostel in Engleberg so we got to hike up the mountain, eat at a restaurant at the top and take in the views. We also went and hiked to some waterfalls nearby. Lucerne is a town that is so pretty I am pretty sure I was tearing up the entire time I was there because it seemed so unreal. We crossed the lake from the town to Mount Pilatus and this is where I was met with the most amazing view I have ever seen in my entire life. Fun fact, the mountain is known as the dragon mountain as there is a myth that dragons once lived at its peak. The pictures can never do it justice. I remember getting to top and just sitting there looking over the terrain in awe, speechless.







Where is your favorite place in the world?
ReplyDeleteWow, good job Happil Yashley!