A Grand Tour of Europe

Some say this is a trip of a lifetime. 9 countries, 24 cities, 30 days. After packing my bags, I arrived at the airport, and began my journey with 40 strangers.


 Watch the video I made from my trip - Grand Tour of Europe 2016

A little over a year ago, a link to EF College Break appeared on my facebook page about traveling to Europe. As Europe has been at the top of my list of places to go, it caught my interest. After months of browsing their trips, I decided that now is the best time for me to go, and I began the process.
At this time I had a full time job. I created an excel budget sheet and calculated how much income I would have each month, how much I would spend, and if this trip could even be financially possible for me. My calculations showed that I had to stay full time for the next year, while being a college student, in order to accomplish this. So, I did just that. Each month I payed part of the cost for the trip and it eventually made its way down to zero.
Finally, one year later, I had all my last minute details, and I was preparing for this adventure. I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea what places I would love more than others. Overall, I had no idea that this truly would be the best trip I have ever taken, and that I would become best friends with 6 incredible individuals.





I will be posting about each location, with my stories that I documented along the way. 
Before I go, I have one last bit of advice to share. If you have any desire to travel at all, then do. I am sure you can come up with a million excuses for why you can't go right now, I know I could. My response to you then is...so, why cant you go? You have the power to make any dream come true. Not me, not your parents, not your friends, not your significant other, YOU.
“Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” ~ Matthew Karsten



Comments

Popular Posts