Gent, Belgium

We left Paris on our private coach bus to Amsterdam. The ride as about 8 hours so we slept, we wrote, and we planned for Amsterdam. We made a stop at a gas station where I had my first taste of incredible Belgium chocolate. Finally, we made it to the breathtaking, fairy tale like scenery of Gent, Belgium, also known as the "best kept secret of Europe". 
It is a smaller town which was calming after just being in London and Paris. We got so insanely good Belgium waffles with nutella, strawberries and whip-cream...and yes, they are as good as people say. I don't think I can ever have a waffle that is even comparable.
We walked around the canals, past incredible buildings and churches and got a good feel for this town. Honestly, I wish we could have spent a full day or two in this town as there was so many unique places we wish we could have explored. Before leaving, we tried a Gent nose which is a candy that is a trademark for Gent. They are cone shaped and purple. Adam, our director, said that you either like them or hate them. So as a whole group, we all tried one. I didn't think they were too bad, just very sugary. Most people didn't like them, but if you get the chance, be sure to try one!
Overall, Gent is one of my favorites. It is stunning and the people there were lovely. I highly recommend spending some time in Gent.














Comments

Popular Posts