Winter in Boise

Boise Idaho is one of the most precious places in the states. It is filled with friendly people, all types of outdoor activities, and the famous blue football turf also known as the smurf turf. I live here so I guess I am a bit bias, but this truly is one of the best cities around. I ask one thing of you, keep this to yourself. We Boise folks don't want the city turning into a big city. We like the smaller size as it makes it more unique to its culture. 

This winter Boise has had the most snow it has ever seen/recorded. With around 28 inches measured total. The city very quickly declared a state of emergency due to the lack of snow plows available and the serious amount of flooding to come. Schools in the area are on their 6th snow day, and even the local colleges and Universities such as Boise State had a snow day on their second day back this semester. The main roads are mainly filled with black ice, but the neighborhoods are the worst of all. Piles and piles of snow has led to nearly everyone getting their car stuck at some point, including me just pulling out of my driveway. In a way, this has led to the Boise community coming together with volunteers wandering around town shoveling sidewalks, and neighbors helping each other out when they get stuck. Once we acquired lots of snow, it began to rain quite a lot, leading to piles and piles of slush everywhere which is now all frozen solid. 

Before the rain came I spent a day going around town taking photos of this record snowfall. Needless to say, winter looks good on this city. 














There are some albino deer around town. Sadly I was not able to track one down...maybe they blended in.




Comments

Popular Posts