London, England


Flying into London was a great way to begin my month long adventure. Through the clouds I saw red double decker buses, and was filled with excitement. After customs I was met with my Mercedes car driver holding a sign with my name, ready to take me to my hostel. I then met up with my tour group, and our director Adam. We hopped on the metro to Piccadilly circus, Lester square, Covent garden, and stopped in a pub to mingle, eat, and drink. After the welcome mixer, myself and several others went to Kings Cross (platform 9 3/4), Abbey Road, and the Soho district.

Piccadilly Circus


Lester Square

Covent Garden

Platform 9 3/4 - Kings Cross

The Beatles - Abbey Road

The next day started with a bus tour around the main touristy parts of London such as the Tower of London, London Eye, Big Ben, House of Parliament, Shakespeare Sphere, Millennium Bridge, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. We got our pictures in front of some landmarks, then a few of us went to tour the Tower of London. It was filled with rich history, armor for the kings and horses, and even the real crown jewels. Next stop was the famous Harrods, which really is as incredible as people say. I came across a fur coat for 100,000 pounds.

Tower of London

Buckingham Palace

Millennium Bridge - From Harry Potter

Big Ben / House of Parliament and London Eye

Harrods 

The final day in London began with a self tour through Westminster Abbey. It is a stunning church with storybook like walls with carvings and unique doors and windows. As afternoon struck, we went to Fortnum and Masons for afternoon tea. This is an Alice in Wonderland themed store where the queen shops. I had the best tea I have ever had (countess gray), and scones with clotted cream. Next stop was Camden, a swanky, unique area with tent markets and shops of all kinds. The buildings had pop out graphics and a canal running through it all. The evening was spent at the Kensington Palace gardens (where William and Kate live), and Hyde Park. The lake was filled with swans and ducks and there were people from all over the world to watch them.

Westminster Abbey

Fortnum and Mason 

Camden Market





Kensington Palace/Hyde Park 





London was absolutely incredible and I loved every moment. All of the places I mentioned, I 100% recommend seeing.
The London eye was fun to see, but it is expensive and takes a while to ride. I personally recommend only going on it if that is something you have always wanted to do, otherwise I would spend your money elsewhere, such as the Tower of London or on a good cup of tea.
Westminster Abbey is worth the money as it is quite a unique experience and place to explore.
I suggest planning out time to wander. The last night in London, we walked around the area of Kensignton and Chelsea. The neighborhoods are nothing but stunning and you will come across some of the most unique local pubs and shops. Here are some miscellaneous photos from that night. 















"My favorite thing to do is go where I have never been."


Comments

Popular Posts