Cannes and Nice France, and Monaco

Before leaving Italy, we made a stop in Pisa to see the famous leaning tower! Whilst there we went into the Pisa Baptistery to experience its amazing acoustics (Click here to hear what it sounds like!)




As we entered the south of France, we made a stop at Fragonard, a french perfume company. We got to learn how perfume is made and purchased some of our own. Finally, we made it to Cannes, France. within minutes of walking around, I fell in love with this place. We went to the beach and watched the stars on the rocks and after explored more of the town.






 I loved it so much, that I knew the sunset would be quite a sight to see. So, I got up around 5:30 am, and went down to the beach all by myself as nobody wanted to get up that early. While there, here are some of the things I experienced: store fronts being set up to open, locals swimming at 6am, waving and saying "bonjour" to locals who were on their morning walks/jogs (people here are very nice and welcoming), the sun reflecting off the mountains as it rose, storm clouds rolling in, soothing sounds of the waves, and people arriving at the beach at 7am to swim. I highly recommend doing this if you are ever here. 












I then met up with everyone for breakfast, and a few of us caught a train to Nice, France. We walked alongside the beach and explored it's stunning streets. Of course, we had to get more french crepes.






Back to Cannes, and it was time to get in some swimming time. But that was cut short as I had to go get all fancy for Monaco! The dress code is very important as they will not allow entrance if you are not dressed fancy enough for the casino (watched this nearly happen to someone). We got to wander Monaco's stunning streets, and see all the million dollar yachts. Finally, after a dinner experience with dancing waiters, we went to the Buddah Bar for some pre-casino drinks. This bar is by far the fanciest place I have ever been in. It was about 200 Euros for a bottle of rum. Then, we walked next door to the Monte Carlo Casino for some gambling. We spent several hours there and I definitely lost some money...but hey, that is all part of the experience right? 





The Monte Carlo Casino!

Inside the Casino! Note: I did not take this, photography was not allowed inside 

The Buddah Bar! Note: I did not take this picture (Link)




I could live in the south of France. One day, when I am rich, I will move to Cannes. 


Comments

Popular Posts